NAECAD Regional Clinics
3rd Annual NAECAD Esports Clinic Sessions Announcement – March 6-7, 2020 – Grand View University, Des Moines, Iowa
Des Moines, IA. – The National Association of Esports Coaches and Directors (NAECAD) is excited to announce the session line-up for the 3rd Annual NAECAD Esports Clinic, March 6-7, 2020, at Grand View University, Des Moines, Iowa.
The top leaders in competitive esports, both at the university and high school level, will gather and present over twenty keynote, breakout, and round table sessions. Those sessions will include:
- Connecting the Esports Ecosystem: Past, Present, and Future
- Esports Athletes: Recruitment, Retention, and Scholarships
- Building an Esports Team: Mission/Philosophy Development, Code of Conduct, Practice Structure, Supporting Roles and Other Key Elements to Building a Successful Program.
- Understanding the Roles of Esports Coaches and Directors
- Covering the Cost of Esports
- About the Games and Their Appropriateness for Teenagers – High School Specific
- Esports Case Studies: The Good, the Great, the Challenges
- Esports Leadership, Vision, and Program Development Panel Discussion – High School Specific
- NAECAD Overview/NAECAD-CP Introduction
- Esports Campus Stakeholders and Their Roles
- The Effects of Gaming on Health and Posture and Five Things Athletes Can Do to Improve Performance
- Esports Beyond Games: Building an Esports Academic Program – University Specific
- Nutrition and Gaming: Top 6 Tips to Enhance Health & Performance
- Prolonged Effects of Screen Time and Eye Damage Prevention
- Round Table Discussions:
- Athletic/Activities Director/School Administrator
This NAECAD Esports Clinic will continue to provide professional development opportunities to improve each of our own programs, as well as help those beginning a competitive esports program at the university, high school, or club level. New this year, will be high school specific and university specific sessions. Structured time throughout the clinic will be designated to network, including a Friday evening social event for clinic participants and sponsors with drinks and hors d’oeuvres provided. This is an amazing opportunity to learn from, and network with, the top esports coaches, directors, and administrators in the country.
If you are interested in attending the 3rd Annual NAECAD Esports Clinic at Grand View University in Des Moines, Iowa the registration is now open (Register Here). Join the NAECAD today and receive a promo code for $50 off the registration for this event. Special hotel rates for the clinic are provided by the Holiday Inn Downtown Mercy Campus (NAECAD Clinic Rates or call direct and ask for the NAECAD Clinic rate – 515-283-0151).
The National Association of Esports Coaches and Directors (NAECAD) Announces Clinic and Conference Schedule for 2020
Des Moines, IA. – The National Association of Esports Coaches and Directors (NAECAD) is excited to announce the Clinic and Conference Schedule for 2020. The NAECAD will be offering three regional clinics and the first NAECAD National Convention this year. The locations for the three regional clinics are Miami, FL, Des Moines, IA, and Chicago, IL. The NAECAD National Convention will be held in Las Vegas, NV. Here are the details of each event:
- March 6-7, 2020 – 3rd Annual NAECAD Esports Classic and Clinic – Grand View University, Des Moines, Iowa
- Clinic Focus: Broader topics and sessions offered for the advanced and beginning esports programs. New and specialized content coaches and directors are expressing as concerns and struggles. Over 400 participants are anticipated to attend the NAECAD Classic and Clinic this year including administrators, athletic directors, university, high school, and middle school esports directors and coaches, and NAECAD members from around the country.
- Esports Learning Sessions: The top leaders in competitive esports, both at the university and high school level, will gather and present over twenty keynote, breakout, and round table sessions. Those sessions will include specific information for individuals researching and just starting competitive esports programs at the university, high school, and club level. As well as sessions specifically for junior high and high school programs. The sessions will also target information for NAECAD members currently running programs at the university, high school, and club level.
- Live University League of Legends Tournament: There will also be a live university League of Legends tournament going on at the same time as the clinic. You will have the opportunity to watch some of the best university teams and players compete throughout the two day event.
October 19-21, 2020 – Academic Esports Conference and Expo – Hilton Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Conference Focus: This event will be unlike any other in the education gaming realm. It is for forward-thinking K-12 and higher education academic, technology, development and athletic leaders in search of the latest and most engaging and competitive programs. This event is an exclusive esports conference for school leaders, faculty members, athletic directors, esports directors and coaches, and NAECAD members from around the country who want to connect with what the modern student is doing, boost student participation on campus, and ignite a whole new culture for your school or institution.
- Esports Learning Tracks (dedicated sessions for each area):
- Starting Up (How to launch, administrate and fund an esports program)
- Advanced Level (How to improve an already successful esports program)
- Infrastructure/Technology (Building your esports program through technology)
- Academic Development (How to blend esports and academics, from curriculum to careers)
- Emerging Trends (Leveraging the latest in esports: new games and new opportunities)
- Register Here (opens February 2020): https://academicesportsconference.com/
- Join the NAECAD today and receive a promo code for $150 off the basic registration for this event (the entire cost of the NAECAD yearly membership).
The mission of the NAECAD is to serve, legitimize, and advance competitive esports at all levels with NAECAD members at the epicenter of leadership, advocacy, and professional development. As a NAECAD member your perspective and voice alone brings tremendous value to the collective whole, and together we can use our voices to help shape the future of competitive esports. Designed to equip esports coaches and directors to successfully lead esports programs at all levels, please join us at any one of our scheduled events!
- January 14-17, 2020 – NAECAD Sessions – Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami, Florida
- Clinic Focus: Middle and High Schools starting esports programs and NAECAD member schools starting esports programs. This clinic is a joint event with the Future of Education Technology Conference. At this event there will be K-12 Technology Leaders/Administrators, high school and middle school esports directors and coaches, and NAECAD members from around the country.
- Esports Learning Tracks: Twelve unique esports sessions will be offered at this clinic.